You are on License
State of Wisconsin *
Help  |  Site Map  |  Subject Directory  |  Agency Index  |  Feedback

* License Home
* Portal Home
* Government
* Public Services
* Business
* Education
* Wisconsin Facts
* Health & Safety
* Relocation
* Visiting


Detailed Information for : Manufactured Home Certificate (Title)
Required to transfer ownership of a manufactured home (mobile home) after selling it from one party to another party.  
License Type:

Title is good for the length of time a person owns the manufactured home.  When this person sells it, the new owner must apply for a title in his/her name.


$23 new title or transfer fee

$8 replacement title

$15.50 surviving spouse

$4 for each lien party added to title

There are numerous other forms that are required in differing circumstances when titling a manufactured home. Please call (608) 264-9596 to check which forms you will need or visit the website.  
Required Documentation:

Signed application form and appropriate fees. Following is a list of miscellaneous forms that may need to be sent in with the application form.

Additional Information:

Send signed application, fees, and any miscellaneous forms that are needed to Safety and Buildings Division, Manufactured Home Unit, PO Box 1355, Madison, WI 53701-1355.

Application Form(s):
Wisconsin Statutes:
Regulation of Industry, Buildings and Safety (s. 101.91 through 101.965)  
Administrative Rules/Codes:

Manufactured Homes Comm 27 

Contact Information
Manufactured Home Unit
Home Page:
E-mail :
Hours of Operation:
7:45 am - 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday  
Mail Address:
PO Box 1355, Madison, WI 53701-1355  
Street Address:
201 West Washington Avenue, Madison, WI 53703  
Agency Web Site:
Download Acrobat Download Acrobat Reader from Adobe
to be able to read PDF files.
For additional assistance with business-related license, permit and registration information, visit the Wisconsin Small Business Development Center at or phone them at 608-263-7680.